05 Mar 60 Hour Yin Training @YTX in Austin, Texas
Yin Teacher Training with Gioconda Parker + guest teachers Camila Matos and Sam Johnson
60 Hours of Yoga Alliance CEUs can be earned by completing this program and the online coursework that supports it.
WEEKEND ONE (Foundational Yin Yoga Training) June 15th-15th 10:30am to 7:30pm:
Add a new teaching skill to your tool belt to create a safe and nurturing environment for your students to unwind from physical, mental, and emotional stress. Learn how to share Yin Yoga as a path of mindful awareness and a gateway to inner resources.
This training weekend will allow you to practice and teach with a new depth of insight and informed creativity. With the study of both the foundational principles of Chinese Medicine and the newest research around fascia and trigger points to deepen your student’s practice.
- Myofascial Release (MFR): training we’ll look at the newest research around fascia and trigger points and learn many MFR techniques to increase range of motion, enhance athletic outcomes, and temporarily alleviate tension and pain.
- Combination of tools and modifications: for you and your students as well as the science and studies behind the structure of the fascia and the timing and techniques surrounding MFR.
- Overview of key energetic principles: such as Qi, Yin and Yang, and the meridians.
- Deep Dive: into how to use this information to sequence classes and support our students. Studying the major meridians of the body, we will begin to understand, and from there apply, the interconnection between our bodies and the natural world around us.
This training weekend will allow you to practice and teach with a new depth of insight and informed creativity. Our studies will follow four subjects of focus to a deeper level of study and conversation science of connective tissues, incorporating intelligent movement into yin yoga practices, nervous system regulation, and co-regulation through the practice of yin, and using principles of somatic awareness to hold space for practice.
- Yin Yoga & Holding Space: Learn a handful of inter-connected somatic awareness tools that will allow you to hold a safe and helpful space for yourself and your yin yoga students. These tools are also great life skills, and you’ll find they support good relationships and self-care as well.
- Yin Yoga & Nervous System Regulation: Learn more about how our nervous system functions, and how to effectively facilitate co-regulation and self-regulation. Attune to individual and group energies to better respond to the needs of individuals and groups.
- Yin Yoga & Connective Tissue: The yin yoga practice isn’t about stretching—-it’s about supporting the health and healing of our connective tissues. Learn some of the science behind this theory and more about how important connective tissue is to nourishing movement and longevity.
- Yin Yoga & Movement: Learn to create sequences with intelligent transitions and rhythmic movement to help facilitate nervous system regulation and healthy fascia.
Saturday, June 24th, 2023 10:30a-7:30p
Sunday, June 25th, 2023 10:30a-7:30p
Saturday, September 9th, 2023 10:30a-6:30p
Sunday, September 10th, 2023 10:30a-6:30p
Sunday, December 10th, 2023 10:30a-7:30p
206 E 4th Street
Austin, Tx 78701INVESTMENT
$1250 Regular || $995 Early Bird (Paid by March 15th, 2023)
June 24, 2023 - 12:00 am
December 10, 2023 - 12:00 am
Continuing Education, Teacher Training
yin, yin yoga, yin yoga training, yoga, yoga teacher training, yoga training
P: (512) 502-5183